Microsoft has officially announced the launch of Windows 10 in Kenya. The launch also brings with it more opportunities for software developers and programmers who can now innovate apps on the Windows in conjunction with Microsoft.
Windows 10 has been applauded for its versatility that comes with a bit of touch from the past series of Windows. Users will also enjoy a unique feature that is the automatic up-to-date function that will update new features and security updates once due.
What about Windows 10?
the windows has enhancements to Windows Defender and smart Screen to help safeguard against viruses, malware and phishing and innovations such as Windows Hello, a biometrics log in feature that will very well enable users to do away with passwords.
Windows 10 is more personal and productive, with voice, pen and gesture inputs for natural interaction with PCs. It’s designed to work with Office and Skype and allows you to switch between apps and stay organized with Snap and Task View. Windows 10 offers many innovative experiences and devices, including the following:
Cortana, the personal digital assistant, makes it easy to find the right information at the right time.
- After the internet explorer, Windows 10 brings with it the New Microsoft Edge browser that lets people quickly browse, read, and mark up and share the Web.
- For your games, the integrated Xbox app delivers the Xbox experience to Windows 10, bringing together friends, games and accomplishments across Xbox One and Windows 10 devices.
- Continuum optimizes apps and experiences beautifully across touch and desktop modes.
- Built-in appsincluding Photos; Maps; Microsoft’s new music app, Groove; and Movies & TV offer entertainment and productivity options. With OneDrive, files can be easily shared and kept up-to-date across all devices.
- A Microsoft Phone Companion app enables iPhones, Android or Windows phones to work seamlessly with Windows 10 devices.
- The all new Office Mobile apps for Windows 10 tablets are available today in the Windows Store. Built for work on-the-go, the Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps offer a consistent, touch-first experience for small tablets.
For digital note-taking needs, the full-featured OneNote app comes pre-installed with Windows 10. The upcoming release of the Office desktop apps (Office 2016) will offer the richest feature set for professional content creation. Designed for the precision of a keyboard and mouse, these apps will be optimized for large-screen PCs, laptops and 2-in-1 devices such as the Surface Pro.
The windows 10 series now available in 190 countries also comes with more interactive applications like the use of Cortana that helps people control apps by using their voice. In addition to existing Windows 8.1 apps such as Netflix, Flipboard, Mint.com, “Asphalt 8: Airborne” and The Weather Channel, the Windows Store provides a constant stream of new and updated Universal Windows Apps and games, including Twitter, “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition beta,” Hulu, iHeartRadio, USA TODAY, “Candy Crush Saga” and others including WeChat and QQ, which will launch soon.