India’s vehicle manufacturer Mahindra opened its regional office in Nairobi today and at the same time introduced the new automatic variant of the New Age XUV500. Here are some attractive features of the vehicle.
- With 6 gears the XUV500 has a higher number of gear ratios than a conventional 5 speed automatic which enables the driveline to deliver the best fuel efficiency. The gear ratios in the 6 speed transmission are optimized to ensure that the engine uses the minimum amount of fuel.
- The gearbox is fully automatic and is built to enable smooth and precise gear shifts that the driver will barely feel. The XUV500 Automatic features a completely 2nd generation transmission with torque convertor.
- No other SUV in its class offers a 2nd generation 6 speed automatic transmission with All Wheel Drive as an option.
- Adventure drivers also have the option of the All-Wheel Drive which ensures that vehicle torque is well distributed between the wheels. This gives good traction and ensures good movement on rugged or slippery roads and gives good traction.
- The Mahindra SUV500 has a creep function which will come in very handy in slow moving traffic. Lord knows this will do Nairobi well. Acceleration is brisk and smooth thanks to the 6 gears.
- The car is built with intelligence to adapt to different altitudes and terrains – mid and high level. It has two uphill climbing modes and this allows it to effortlessly go through hills and slopes.
- Cost of service is kept at a minimum because in the SUV500, the Automatic Transmission Fluid is filled to last a lifetime.
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Adil Popat, CEO Simba Corporation said “The XUV 500 Automatic with its numerous features and competitive pricing, is a great package. We are confident that it will be well accepted in Kenya and will be a game changer for Mahindra’s automotive operations in the country. Mr. Popat further added, “Over the past several years Simba Corporation has made significant investment in strengthening its sales network, after sales service and spare parts distribution. It has, over a period of time, maintained a sharp focus on manpower training and building infrastructure. Our customers would therefore be assured of an enhanced experience every time they make a choice to buy any product of Mahindra”.
The vehicles will be available in Mahindra dealership starting June 4th 2016 at a start price of Kshs3.4M. Relevant applicable taxes will be extra.