If I could live out my financial life without ever having to visit a bank that would be the most ideal situation for me. And for many other people I believe. This is exactly what Equity bank brought our way with the introduction of EazzyBanking suite of products which comprise of EazzyPay, EazzyLoan, EazzyChama, EazzyNet, EazzyBiz and EazzyAPI. These products were then encased in a powerful but simple customer User Interface – EazzyBanking App which is downloadable from google playstore.
I hopped onto EazzyBanking soon after launch late last year. As a then dormant account holder, the process involved a one-off visit to the nearest branch to activate my account afresh. I was upcountry and since Equity is to be found just about everywhere, it was very easy to get to a branch. I filled in fresh forms, took a picture and did the biometrics all within two desks and the account was opened in just a few minutes. I then went to the Equitel desk where they mounted for me the Equitel line which I needed to be able to access the app successfully. That was it and by the end of that day, my bank account was fully digitized thanks to EazzyApp which I downloaded after the above process was complete.
On activating my dormant account and getting the Equitel line, I was asked to pick a simple 4 digit PIN to be using for authentication to access the app from then on. Once inside the App, there’s an impressive list of services that have otherwise always had us going to queue at the bank, and then some. Banking has surely been brought to our fingertips.
There are other options like transfer money within your Equity bank accounts, other bank accounts, Airtel money, Mpesa, as well as cash withdrawal. There is also ATM withdrawal, and to do this, you will need to select Equitel on the ATM screen and move along with the prompts. It helps that the app has an ATM locator and will show you a map to the nearest.
The idea behind EazzyBanking is to remove the physical and time barriers of banking, so that if you feel like waking up to apply for a loan at 4am or simulate loan repayments, you’re empowered to do that. You also have your loans history at your fingertips and you can view any time. Also you do not have to leave the App to a separate app or google to convert currency, it is inbuilt right there.
You can also link your stocks portfolio to the app and be able to conduct your stocks business from the App. I haven’t used that option yet though but it is a clear indication of the boldness of EazzyBanking App’s disruption. In a short while from now I’ll try it out.
Equity is not new to disruption and with the EazzyBanking platform and especially with EazzyBanking App, the bank is fulfilling its promise of making banking more of a lifestyle than a chore. Something you do alright, but not necessarily something you stop the rest of your life to go do. This is what banking day in the older days felt like. EazzyBanking is already fitting seamlessly into my life as a woman who is almost always on the move.
It does not end there and there are many other cool things you can do with Eazzy Banking App. Here we look at a few of them, though you need to experience the App to get the full spectrum of the services.
- If you misplace your card or it gets stolen, you can block it to prevent further danger to your money and transactions. Something I find very useful for the all-important speedy security of money.
- You can send money to other banks via Pesalink, Kenswitch network or RTGS.
- As we mentioned earlier, the App has a customer friendly user interface and one of the things you can do to enhance this is to personalize it with your preferred colour, theme and photo.
- And there is this feature where you can send money to social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and WhatApp. I can’t wait to try this!
- If you’re stuck during a transaction and need help you can get hold of the contact centre team from the App.
- Another convenient feature that will save users lots and lots of time is the ability to save frequent contacts and transactions as favourites.
- Another feature I can’t wait to try, and one that shows a bank that is very current, you can make payments by scanning QR codes at merchant stations.
- The of course there is EazzyPay which has witnessed a very fast adoption rate for its sheer convenience for shoppers. Read more about it here.
The era of digital money is surely upon us. Could this be the beginning of the death of the bank branch as a transaction channel?