No programmer will be programming all his life (with a few exceptions), most of which would change profession.
Transferring from technology to management is one way, transferring from technology to entrepreneurship is one way, transferring from technology to sales is one way, transferring from technology to presale is also a way, what does technology transfer to?
Back to the points, people sign up training course to prepare for the PMP Exam. I am not exception. I signed up the SPOTO Training Courses for my PMP prep.
On April 12th and 13th, we had two days of PMP Certification Courses (offline classes, in a hotel, closed type, PMP Certification Training, brain washing? instilling the knowledge of the tutorial).
Going through the books, and systematic understanding of the knowledge of project management seem to be helpful for people’s cognition.
Project Management has five process groups and ten knowledge fields, and 49 processes.
Reminder: the following is for reference only.
1. Project Management Overview:
(1) Different projects have different constraints, and the same project has different constraints and objectives in different stages. (General And individual principles).
(2) The Project Manager has the greatest power in the project type and the weakest in the functional type. In the matrix, the power is increased from weak to strong.
(3) The risk of the project is the largest at the beginning, the cost of change is the smallest; the risk in the later stage of the project becomes smaller and the cost of change becomes larger.
(4) Project managers can choose and control the organizational process assets, and the remaining factors are the business environment.
(5) The coordinator has certain power, Liaison officer has nothing.
(6) Those five process groups and ten knowledge fields should be memorized horizontally and vertically. The process and sequence of work are often tested.
(1) If you see “New projects, new stages of projects, new project managers, etc.”, choose “The Project Charter”. If not, the project manager can participate in writing, but the publisher should be the sponsor.
(2) All stakeholders should be identified, managed with emphasis and participate as soon as possible.
(3) Whether the project is worth investment, choose Business Demonstration.
(4) If anyone questions the project manager, high-level, general description, select the Project Charter.
(5) The contents of the articles of association must be remembered: three “Highs”, two totalities, the Sponsor and Stakeholder Appointment, and the Objectives of the approval, hypothesis, and reasoning.
Three “Highs”: High Level Requirements, High Level Project Description and Boundary Definition, and High Level Risk
Two totalities: Overall Milestone Progress and Overall Budget
Sponsor: Name and authority of sponsor and person approving the Constitution.
Stakeholder: Stakeholder List
Appointment: Appointment of PM, authority and responsibility
Approval: Project Approval Requirements
Hypothesis: Hypothetical Conditions and Constraints
Reasoning: Project Purpose and Approval Reasoning
Objective: Measurable Project Objectives and Success Standard
(1) The formulation of project management plan is gradual and detailed, and it is determined according to the constraints and characteristics of the project.
(2) First, the requirements should be defined, then the scope is determined, and then break down to the work package. See the work content and constraints, think of the Scope Instruction.
(3) The key path is not unique, which takes the longest time. The key path is zero in total time difference, and the activity floating time on the key path is zero.
(the options often ask the floating time of this activity, 80% of the answers are all 0. First, judge whether it is in the key path, the test rarely let you use 7 Gong Ge to deduce…).
(4) When we see “The resource is limited, or only available at a specific time, or the resource load is too heavy”, balance with resources.
(5)When we see the Scenario Analysis in a form of if……so……, choose the Hypothetical Scenario Analysis.
(6) Schedule Compression: Rush and follow up quickly. See “Parallel and cost are the primary constraints”, Choose “Quick Follow-up”, others are all rush work. CPI > 1 SPI < 1, then CPI < 1, SPI > 1. Ask what happened: Rush!
(7) From top to bottom (Expert Judgment, Analogy, Parameters), leaders are busy and let PM estimate quickly: Analogy Estimation.
(8) The Calculation Formula of Three-point Estimation, Standard Deviation and Normal Distribution are Beta Distribution by default.
(9) Reserve Analysis: Emergency Reserve and Management Reserve
(10) Quality planning is to establish standards. Cost-effectiveness, Quality Cost, Benchmarking, and Experimental Design are special.
(11) When we see “The Specification”, that is “The Quality Measurement Index”.
(12) If you see “Someone is dissatisfied with communication and the appearance of disputes”, first review the Communication Management Plan, if not, Make one. In PMP questions, if there is “Communication Management Plan”, 80% of the that is the first choice!
(13) If you see “there is a unclear responsibility”, choose “The Responsibility Distribution Matrix”.
(14) The process of risk is to identify, define the nature, quantitatively analyze and deal with it.
(15) When we see “It is related to probability and influence”, and the priority is qualitative analysis.
(16) When we see “Decision-making, modeling and sensitivity analysis”, that is “Quantitative Analysis”.
(17) When we see “The statistical method of calculating average results”, choose “The Expected Currency Value Analysis”.
(18) If Party A wants to have a small risk in the procurement, choose “The Total Price Contract”. If you see that there is no scope, choose the “Work and Materials Contract”.
(19) If we see “To eliminate risk selection and avoid completely or “See “Risk Contract”, choose “transfer”. See “Reduction Probability”, choose “Mitigation”.
(20) If you don’t know ask whom for changes, choose “The Change Management Plan”.
(21) The Stakeholder Management Plan shall remove sensitive information.
(22) When we see “The Constraints”, check: Project Charter and Scope Description and requirements documents.
(23) Positive Risks: improve quantity and develop quality
(24) Conflict Issues:
(1) “Timing, use and view the effect of changes at regular or random”, choose “Audit with quality”.
(2) See “Someone is there when the project not yet starts”, which is “Pre-allocation”. The project staff will negotiate.
(3) Five stages of Team building: “Quarrel”, choose “Shock Stage”. “Start Building trust”, choose “Standard Stage”. “like an ordered unit “, choose “Maturity Stage”.
(4) Five methods of Conflict Management, see “Someone withdraw from the election”, or see “Each other forward and backward”, choose “Compromise”. See “The Solution”, choose “Face”. Choose “Force” when it is an emergency.
(5) See “The stakeholders are not satisfied with the results”, “The Management Stakeholders” are expected to be chose (participant of the management stakeholders). At this time, if the question asks what the basis is, choose “Stakeholder Management Strategy” (Stakeholder Management Plan).
(6) If the seller is not clear, “The Bidder Meeting” shall be chose.
(7) See “Process Improvement”, choose “Quality Assurance”.
(1) When you see “Changes, you must go through the process”, According to the current situation, choose the most appropriate step in the process.
(2) The earned value calculation must be mastered. EV, PV, AC. SV=EV – PV， CV=EV – AC, ETC=BAC-EV or (BAC EV) /CPI, EAC = BAC – CV or BAC/CPI.
(3) See “Acceptance”, choose “confirmation range”, see verification, select quality control.
(4) See “if the process is stable, whether it is out of control or not, and how to improve the effect”, choose “The Control Chart”.
(5) Choose the Effect Map, Fish-bone Map, and Ishikawa when we are finding the root cause.
(6) Check if there is any relationship, and choose the Scatter Graph when we are finding the relationship between two variables.
(7) Use Pareto chart to find the main reason and the way to do PM.
(8) Re-evaluate new risks with risks. Use Risk Audit to judge whether risks are effectively. The risk response is carried out by the risk manager.
(9) Contract Change Control System is used for procurement change to avoid low performance of the seller, and review by the performance of the seller.
(10) Any change in stakeholders requires updating the stakeholder register first.
(1) To close the project, it is necessary to have the acceptance of deliverable.
(2) To close the project, the deliverable must be handed over.
(3) At the end of the project, there should be the update of the assets of the organization process and the summary of useful lessons.
(4) See “The gain and loss of the procurement process, or Purchase for future procurement, choose “Procurement Audit”.
(5) See “Project completion or termination”, choose “Useful lessons”.